Pres. Duterte denies insinuation that he received drug money

MANILA, Dec. 12 (PNA) — President Rodrigo Duterte denied on Monday insinuation of Sen. De Lima that he received drug money, saying he would not hesitate to shoot anybody who would attempt to offer him money from illegal activities.

“I do not receive drug money, susmaryosep. You’ll give me (drug) money? I will shoot you in front of me,” President Duterte said in his speech during the awarding ceremonies of the 10 outstanding Young Men and Women (TOYM) of 2016 at Malacanang Palace.

De Lima, who has been linked to illegal drug trades, has reportedly urged to consider the possibility that President Duterte, and not her, “is actually the number one drug lord protector and coddler in the country.”

The lady senator based her statement on the President’s decision to reinstate Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Region 8 chief Supt. Marvin Marcos and his men who served search warrant that led to the killing of Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr.

“I guarantee there was nothing wrong with it, but I was just trying to figure something there. I don’t know if it is a network or a work of just two policemen. So I just have to study more. There was nothing to it,” President Duterte explained.

“I just like to inform you that nothing is evil in this,” he added.

President Duterte reiterated his promise to free the country from drug menace which contaminated four million Filipinos who, if not stopped, would pollute 10 million more Filipinos in the future.

“But anyway, kunti na lang naman ang mamamatay. Medyo ubos na. May successor should be freed of this malignancy,” he said.

As of last month, the Philippine National Police (PNP) reported that the government’s intensified war on drugs has resulted in the killing of almost 4,000 drug pushers and addicts, including nearly 2,000 in legitimate police operations.

The PNP’s Oplan Tokhang has also resulted in the arrest of over 37,000 drug suspects and prompted more than 800,000 drug dependents and pushers to surrender to the authorities nationwide.

President Duterte described his choice to pursue his bloody war against drugs as “the greatest good for the greatest number.”

“I do not offer any excuses nor apologies. I will answer God when I face him,” the President said. (PNA)
JBP/JFM

Total Views: 228

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*